RedFlags, Allegations and Complaints against DOUGLAS KEITH FLYNN
Disclosure #1 for DOUGLAS FLYNN
- eventDate: 4/8/2013
- Disclosure Type: Customer Dispute
- Disclosure Resolution: Settled
- Disclosure Detail :: Allegations: CUSTOMER ALLEGES THAT 1031 EXCHANGE TENANTS-IN-COMMON INVESTMENT OF $750,000 MADE IN MARCH 2008 WAS NOT SUITABLE AND THAT REPRESENTATIVES DID NOT FULLY ADVISE OF THE ASSOCIATED MARKET RISKS OF THAT INVESTMENT. CUSTOMER ASSERTS CLAIMS ALLEGING NEGLIGENCE, MISREPRESENTATION, BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF FIDUCIARY DUTY, FRAUD, AND VIOLATION OF FEDERAL AND STATE SECURITIES LAWS. CUSTOMER ALLEGES THAT HE HAS INCURRED LOSSES THROUGH THE DECLINE IN VALUE OF THE INVESTMENT. REPRESENTATIVE DENIES ALL FACTUAL ALLEGATIONS AND LEGAL CLAIMS ASSERTED, AND MAINTAINS THAT HE ACTED APPROPRIATELY IN ALL OF HIS DEALINGS WITH CUSTOMER. CUSTOMER HAD ALREADY SOLD HIS UNDERLYING PROPERTY AND HAD THE PROCEEDS WITH A QUALIFIED INTERMEDIARY TO PROCEED WITH A REQUESTED 1031 EXCHANGE BEFORE MEETING WITH REPRESENTATIVE, AND REPRESENTATIVE REVIEWED AVAILABLE POTENTIAL TIC INVESTMENTS FOR CUSTOMER WITHIN THE REQUIRED TIME PERIOD FOR COMPLETION FOR CUSTOMER’S CONSIDERATION. REPRESENTATIVE STATES THAT HE PROVIDED CUSTOMER WITH ACCURATE AND DETAILED INFORMATION CONCERNING ALL ASPECTS AND RISKS OF EACH INVESTMENT BEFORE CUSTOMER DECIDED TO INVEST, AND THAT CUSTOMER’S OTHER TIC INVESTMENT IS PERFORMING WELL AND THEREFORE, IS NOT THE SUBJECT OF THIS ACTION.
- Damage Amount Requested: $1,503,225.00
- Settlement Amount: $300,000.00
- DisplayAAOLinkIfExists: Y
- Arbitration Docket Number: 13-00938
- Broker Comment: THE REPRESENTATIVES DENY ANY WRONGDOING WITH RESPECT TO CLAIMANT’S INVESTMENT IN THIS TENANT-IN-COMMON (TIC) THROUGH A 1031 EXCHANGE. SPECIFICALLY, IT WAS CLAIMANT HIMSELF WHO, AFTER SPEAKING WITH A NUMBER OF OTHER FINANCIAL ADVISORS, APPROACHED THE REPRESENTATIVES WITH THE SPECIFIC OBJECTIVE OF PARTICIPATING IN A 1031 EXCHANGE. THE REPRESENTATIVES SIMPLY PROVIDED CLAIMANT WITH THE INVESTMENT OPTIONS THAT WERE AVAILABLE THROUGH LPL FOR A 1031 EXCHANGE. IN FACT, THE REPRESENTATIVES TRIED TO DISCOURAGE CLAIMANT FROM PARTICIPATING IN A 1031 EXCHANGE, AND INSTEAD SUGGESTED THAT HE TAKE THE PROCEEDS FROM THE PROPERTY SALE AND INVEST THEM IN MORE TRADITIONAL INVESTMENTS. HOWEVER, AFTER HAVING THE OPPORTUNITY TO REVIEW THE SIGNIFICANT RISK DISCLOSURES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS INVESTMENT AND CONSULTING WITH HIS ATTORNEY AND OTHER ADVISORS, CLAIMANT ELECTED TO INVEST IN THE TIC. UNFORTUNATELY, THE INVESTMENT SUFFERED LOSSES DURING THE REAL ESTATE CRISIS THAT BEGAN SHORTLY AFTER CLAIMANT MADE THE INVESTMENT. CLAIMANT THEN FILED HIS ARBITRATION IN MARCH 2013 ATTEMPTING TO HOLD LPL AND THE REPRESENTATIVES RESPONSIBLE FOR THESE MARKET LOSSES. ULTIMATELY THE FIRM ELECTED TO SETTLE THIS ARBITRATION, DUE TO THE SIGNIFICANT COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH TRYING SUCH A COMPLICATED MATTER AND THE INHERENT UNCERTAINTY IN LITIGATION, WITHOUT ANY FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION FROM THE REPRESENTATIVES.
Should I file a FINRA complaint against brokers like DOUGLAS KEITH FLYNN?
Many investors (presumably, like yourself) are unaware of the legal recourse available to them after losing money due to securities broker fraud and/or negligence. The truth is that investors who lost money in this fashion may actually be entitled to damages. You may suffer significant losses at the hands of your financial advisors’ misconduct, such as if they misrepresented or failed to disclose the risks associated with a particular investment, recommended frequent trades for the sole purpose of generating commissions, or used high-pressure tactics to make a sale. The rules and regulations of securities laws and FINRA policies are complex, and investment loss claims require an extensive understanding of securities arbitration to achieve the best possible results.
Update – 2022.11.15If you have suffered investment losses that may have been caused by DOUGLAS KEITH FLYNN’s negligence or fraud, contact a FINRA lawyer today. Most FINRA lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you will not be charged for their services unless they successfully collect money for you. Kindly add a comment, or contact us directly if you have any query, or want to be contacted by a FINRA lawyer today!
Frequently Asked Questions About DOUGLAS KEITH FLYNN
What is DOUGLAS FLYNN’s Central Registration Depository (CRD) Number?
Which firm is DOUGLAS KEITH FLYNN associated with?
LPL FINANCIAL LLC
Where is DOUGLAS FLYNN located?
585 STEWART AVE #620, GARDEN CITY, NY, 11530
Where can I find more details about DOUGLAS FLYNN’s Investment Firm?
Visit https://brokercheck.finra.org/firm/summary/6413 to read a detailed report for LPL FINANCIAL LLC
Are there any disclosures, allegations or complaints filed against DOUGLAS KEITH FLYNN?
Where can I download a detailed FINRA report for DOUGLAS FLYNN?
Is it safe to do business with DOUGLAS KEITH FLYNN?
We’re not sure. Please research DOUGLAS FLYNN’s disclosures, allegations and complaints before taking a decision
Originally reported on November 16, 2022 @ 12:38 am
The views and opinions expressed in these articles are those of the source BrokerAudit.com and do not necessarily reflect the official position of ‘Skeptic Files’, which shall not be held liable for any inaccuracies presented. The information provided within this article is for general informational purposes only. While we try to keep the information up-to-date and correct, there are no representations or warranties, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability of the information in this article for any purpose.
This article is syndicated automatically through a third-party agency from BrokerAudit.com.
To view the original article at BrokerAudit.com, you can visit https://www.brokeraudit.com/douglas-keith-flynn-lpl-financial-llc/.