RedFlags, Allegations and Complaints against JACOB DANIEL DUNLAP
Disclosure #1 for JACOB DUNLAP
- eventDate: 12/29/2015
- Disclosure Type: Regulatory
- Disclosure Resolution: Final
- Disclosure Detail :: DocketNumberFDA: 2012033291203
- DocketNumberAAO: 2012033291203
- Initiated By: FINRA
- Allegations: Without admitting or denying the findings, Dunlap consented to the sanctions and to the entry of findings that he did not investigate various red flags evidencing that a representative, as the member firm’s branch manager, was not reasonably supervising the activities of another registered representative and was failing to enforce applicable firm written policies and procedures. The findings stated that Dunlap failed to reasonably supervise the branch manager’s performance of his responsibilities as a branch manager, as well as the branch manager’s disclosure of his personal investment in a biopharmaceutical company. Despite having been presented with certain red flags associated with the registered representative’s activities, Dunlap never inquired as to whether the branch manager ensured that this registered representative was participating in private securities transactions in a manner that complied with the applicable rule, as well as the firm’s written policies and procedures. Moreover, Dunlap did not take any steps to ensure that the branch manager provided the firm with prior written notice of the branch manager’s personal private securities investment. Explicitly, the registered representative under the branch manager’s direct supervision participated in the sale of approximately $1.72 million of preferred shares issued by the biopharmaceutical company to customers and the firm’s registered representatives, including both Dunlap and the branch manager. The registered representative participated in these transactions without providing prior written notice to the firm. The findings also stated that Dunlap personally invested $20,000 in the private offering without first providing written notice to the firm.
- Resolution: Acceptance, Waiver & Consent(AWC)
- SanctionDetails :: Sanctions: Civil and Administrative Penalty(ies)/Fine(s)
- SanctionDetails :: Amount: $15,000.00 Sanctions: Suspension
- SanctionDetails :: Registration Capacities Affected: Any capacity
- Duration: 10 business days
- Start Date: 1/19/2016
- End Date: 2/1/2016 Registration Capacities Affected: A principal capacity
- Duration: one month
- Start Date: 2/2/2016
- End Date: 3/1/2016 Sanctions: Undertaking
- Sanctions: undertaking- required to cooperate with FINRA in its continuing investigation of FINRA matter number 20120332912.
Should I file a FINRA complaint against brokers like JACOB DANIEL DUNLAP?
Many investors (presumably, like yourself) are unaware of the legal recourse available to them after losing money due to securities broker fraud and/or negligence. The truth is that investors who lost money in this fashion may actually be entitled to damages. You may suffer significant losses at the hands of your financial advisors’ misconduct, such as if they misrepresented or failed to disclose the risks associated with a particular investment, recommended frequent trades for the sole purpose of generating commissions, or used high-pressure tactics to make a sale. The rules and regulations of securities laws and FINRA policies are complex, and investment loss claims require an extensive understanding of securities arbitration to achieve the best possible results.
Update – 2022.11.15If you have suffered investment losses that may have been caused by JACOB DANIEL DUNLAP’s negligence or fraud, contact a FINRA lawyer today. Most FINRA lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you will not be charged for their services unless they successfully collect money for you. Kindly add a comment, or contact us directly if you have any query, or want to be contacted by a FINRA lawyer today!
Frequently Asked Questions About JACOB DANIEL DUNLAP
What is JACOB DUNLAP’s Central Registration Depository (CRD) Number?
Which firm is JACOB DANIEL DUNLAP associated with?
AMERIPRISE FINANCIAL SERVICES, LLC
Where is JACOB DUNLAP located?
260 N Josephine St Ste 200, Denver, CO, 80206
Where can I find more details about JACOB DUNLAP’s Investment Firm?
Visit https://brokercheck.finra.org/firm/summary/6363 to read a detailed report for AMERIPRISE FINANCIAL SERVICES, LLC
Are there any disclosures, allegations or complaints filed against JACOB DANIEL DUNLAP?
Where can I download a detailed FINRA report for JACOB DUNLAP?
Is it safe to do business with JACOB DANIEL DUNLAP?
We’re not sure. Please research JACOB DUNLAP’s disclosures, allegations and complaints before taking a decision
Originally reported on November 16, 2022 @ 12:40 am
The views and opinions expressed in these articles are those of the source BrokerAudit.com and do not necessarily reflect the official position of ‘Skeptic Files’, which shall not be held liable for any inaccuracies presented. The information provided within this article is for general informational purposes only. While we try to keep the information up-to-date and correct, there are no representations or warranties, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability of the information in this article for any purpose.
This article is syndicated automatically through a third-party agency from BrokerAudit.com.
To view the original article at BrokerAudit.com, you can visit https://www.brokeraudit.com/jacob-daniel-dunlap-ameriprise-financial-services-llc/.