RedFlags, Allegations and Complaints against John Scott Murphy
Disclosure #1 for John Murphy
- eventDate: 8/25/2003
- Disclosure Type: Customer Dispute
- Disclosure Resolution: Denied
- Disclosure Detail :: Allegations: CLIENT’S SON STATES IR DISCUSSED HIS CONCERNS REGARDING HER CONCENTRATION OF INVESTMENTS IN THE EJ ACCOUNT. SON STATES HE HAD DISCUSSED THE SAME CONCERNS WITH HIM, HOWEVER, SON STATES IR WAS NOT PRIVY TO CLIENT’S TOTAL FINANCIAL SITUATION AND OVERALL SHE WAS IN GOOD SHAPE. SON INDICATES HE HAD INFORMED IR TO CONTACT HIM IF EXXON REACHED $40/SHARE AND AT THAT TIME A PLAN OF ACTION WOULD BE DISCUSSED. SON STATES IR MET WITH HIS MOTHER TO INITIATE STOCK TRANSFERS INTO TWO ACCOUNTS AND THE EXXON STOCK WAS SOLD AND AN ADDITIONAL PURCHASE WAS MADE INTO THE PROTECTIVE ADV VAR ANNUITY. ACCORDING TO SON, EJ AND ANOTHER INVESTMENT FIRM HAD BUY RECOMMENDATIONS ON EXXON STOCK. SON STATES IR DID NOT PROVIDE A PROSPECTUS, ILLUSTRATIONS OR ANY OTHER INVESTMENT MATERIAL. SON BELIEVES IR DID NOT PERFORM A THOROUGH NEEDS ANALYSIS. SON STATES HE CONTACTED IR THE DAY THE CLIENT MET WITH IR AND INFORMED IR THE CLIENT WAS COMING BACK TO BRANCH TO REVERSE THE TRANSACTIONS. SON STATES THAT CLIENT WAS INFORMED IT WAS TOO LATE TO CANCEL THE TRADES. CLIENT IS REQUESTING THE REVERSAL OF THE TRANSACTION. LOSSES EXCEED $5,000.
- Damage Amount Requested: $5,000.00
- Arbitration Docket Number:
- Broker Comment: THE IR STATED HE HAD SEVERAL DISCUSSIONS WITH THE CLIENT ABOUT HER CONCENTRATION IN FOUR ENERGY STOCKS WITH XOM MAKING UP 46%. THE IR STATED HE DEALT WITH THE CLIENT IN MOST INSTANCES AND ONLY CONTACTED CLIENT’S SON A FEW TIMES AT THE CLIENT’S REQUEST. THE IR STATED HE WAS NOT GIVEN ALL OF THE CLIENT’S FINANCIAL INFORMATION, BUT IR WAS ABLE TO CREATE A GOOD OVERALL PICTURE THROUGH PERIODIC PORTFOLIO REVIEWS, CLIENT’S STATED NET WORTH OF $1.6 MILLION, AND DISCUSSION OF CLIENT’S OUTSIDE ASSETS. THE IR CONTENDS HE NEVER AGREED TO ONLY SELL XOM AT OR ABOVE $40. THE IR STATED THE CLIENT CHOSE THE ANNUITY FOR HER XOM PROCEEDS IN JULY 2003, AS CLIENT WAS ADDING TO THE ANNUITY SHE BOUGHT IN SEPTEMBER 2002. THE IR STATED CLIENT RECEIVED A CURRENT PROSPECTUS IN SEPTEMBER 2002 AND THIS WAS ACKNOWLEDGED BY THE CLIENT IN WRITING ON OCTOBER 9, 2002. IT APPEARS THAT THE INVESTMENTS HELD IN CLIENT’S ACCOUNT WERE WITHIN THE INVESTMENT OBJECTIVES LISTED FOR CLIENT’S ACCOUNT. CLAIM DENIED.
Should I file a FINRA complaint against brokers like John Scott Murphy?
Many investors (presumably, like yourself) are unaware of the legal recourse available to them after losing money due to securities broker fraud and/or negligence. The truth is that investors who lost money in this fashion may actually be entitled to damages. You may suffer significant losses at the hands of your financial advisors’ misconduct, such as if they misrepresented or failed to disclose the risks associated with a particular investment, recommended frequent trades for the sole purpose of generating commissions, or used high-pressure tactics to make a sale. The rules and regulations of securities laws and FINRA policies are complex, and investment loss claims require an extensive understanding of securities arbitration to achieve the best possible results.
Update – 2022.11.15If you have suffered investment losses that may have been caused by John Scott Murphy’s negligence or fraud, contact a FINRA lawyer today. Most FINRA lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you will not be charged for their services unless they successfully collect money for you. Kindly add a comment, or contact us directly if you have any query, or want to be contacted by a FINRA lawyer today!
Frequently Asked Questions About John Scott Murphy
What is John Murphy’s Central Registration Depository (CRD) Number?
Which firm is John Scott Murphy associated with?
Where is John Murphy located?
4410 WILLIAMS DR SUITE 107, GEORGETOWN, TX, 78628
Where can I find more details about John Murphy’s Investment Firm?
Visit https://brokercheck.finra.org/firm/summary/250 to read a detailed report for EDWARD JONES
Are there any disclosures, allegations or complaints filed against John Scott Murphy?
Where can I download a detailed FINRA report for John Murphy?
Is it safe to do business with John Scott Murphy?
We’re not sure. Please research John Murphy’s disclosures, allegations and complaints before taking a decision
Originally reported on November 16, 2022 @ 12:38 am
The views and opinions expressed in these articles are those of the source BrokerAudit.com and do not necessarily reflect the official position of ‘Skeptic Files’, which shall not be held liable for any inaccuracies presented. The information provided within this article is for general informational purposes only. While we try to keep the information up-to-date and correct, there are no representations or warranties, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability of the information in this article for any purpose.
This article is syndicated automatically through a third-party agency from BrokerAudit.com.
To view the original article at BrokerAudit.com, you can visit https://www.brokeraudit.com/john-scott-murphy-edward-jones/.