RedFlags, Allegations and Complaints against Joseph J Bellini
Disclosure #1 for Joseph Bellini
- eventDate: 4/24/2008
- Disclosure Type: Customer Dispute
- Disclosure Resolution: Denied
- Disclosure Detail :: Allegations: CLIENT CLAIMS THE FA CONVINCED HER TO CASH IN HER ANNUITY WITH ALLSTATE SEVEN MONTHS BEFORE IT MATURED AND AS A RESULT CLIENT INCURRED $9,533.46 IN PENALTIES. ADDITIONALLY, CLIENT CLAIMS FA DID NOT ROLLOVER THESE MONIES INTO A TAX DEFFERRED ACCOUNT WHICH RESULTED IN APPOX. $50,000 IN TAXES AND MOVED HER INTO A HIGHER TAX BRACKETT. FURTHER, CLIENT CLAIMS THE FA REFUSED TO SELL SECURITIES TO PAY FOR THE TAXES AND INSTEAD HAD HER TAKE OUT A LOAN AT 6.5% INTEREST. CLIENT CLAIMS SHE BELIEVES THE FA’S ACTIONS WERE EGREGIOUS IN NATURE AND SHE REFUSED TO ACCEPT THE ACCOUNT AS IT STANDS.
- Damage Amount Requested: $60,000.00
- Arbitration Docket Number:
- Broker Comment: UNHAPPY WITH PERFORMANCE OF INVESTMENTS WITH SUNTRUST. FA STATED HE REVIEWED OPTIONS. FEES TO LIQUIDATE ALLSTATE ANNUITY WERE DISCUSSED SEVERAL OCCASIONS. FA STATED HE CONTACTED ALLSTATE, CLIENT CONTACTED ALLSTATE & ON 2/7/07 THEY CONTACTED ALLSTATE TOGETHER. DURING THESE CONTACTS YOU WERE BOTH INFORMED CDSC WOULD BE APPROX. $10,000 TO $11,000. AS INCEPTION DATE OF ALLSTATE CONTRACT WAS 8/9/01, IT WOULD NOT BE OUT OF CDSC PERIOD UNTIL 8/2008 OVER A YEAR AFTER ACTIVITY (NOT 7 MONTHS AS REFERENCED IN LTR). FA STATED POTENTIAL TAX CONSEQUENCES WERE ALSO DISCUSSED ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS & AT LEAST 1 TO 1 u00bd WEEKS PRIOR TO ACTIVITY TAKING PLACE. FA STATED BOTH CONTACTED ALLSTATE & EACH WERE PROVIDED WITH SAME COST BASIS FIGURE. ACCORDING TO FA HE DIRECTED CLIENT TO CONTACT TAX PROFESSIONAL TO DISCUSS & DETERMINE ACTUAL TAXES. BOTH LEARNED LATER THIS COST BASIS FIGURE PROVIDED BY ALLSTATE WAS NOT ACCURATE. IT IS ULTIMATELY CLIENT’S RESPONSIBILITY TO MAINTAIN THIS INFORMATION. FA STATED CLIENT CONTACTED HIM ON WAY OUT OF TOWN (WITH NO TIME TO DISCUSS) NEEDING TO LIQUIDATE SECURITIES TO COVER TAXES. FA STATED, AS THIS WAS APPROXIMATELY A WEEK BEFORE TAXES DUE, CLIENT MIGHT BE BETTER OFF TO USE MARGIN LOAN FOR SHORT-TERM INCURRING A RELATIVELY SMALL INTEREST CHARGE TO ALLOW TO DISCUSS SECURITIES THAT WOULD BE BEST TO LIQUIDATE & TO ENSURE MONEY WOULD BE AVAILABLE TO CLIENT IN TIME. THE MARGIN LOAN WAS OPEN 4/7/08 TO 4/29/08 & INTEREST WAS INCURRED IN AMOUNT OF $100.37. BASED ON REVIEW, IT DOES APPEAR ACTIVITY IN QUESTION WAS DISCUSSED WITH FA & DONE WITH AUTHORIZATION. FURTHER, APPEARS FEES & TAXES WERE ESTIMATED BASED ON INFORMATION PROVIDED BY ALLSTATE. AS A RESULT, IT WOULD APPEAR CLIENT WAS AWARE OF FEES & TAXES (BASED ON INFORMATION KNOWN AT THE TIME) ASSOCIATED WITH ACTIVITY & WERE ADVISED TO SEEK ADVICE FROM TAX PROFESSIONAL PRIOR TO ACTIVITY TAKING PLACE. CLAIM DENIED.
Should I file a FINRA complaint against brokers like Joseph J Bellini?
Many investors (presumably, like yourself) are unaware of the legal recourse available to them after losing money due to securities broker fraud and/or negligence. The truth is that investors who lost money in this fashion may actually be entitled to damages. You may suffer significant losses at the hands of your financial advisors’ misconduct, such as if they misrepresented or failed to disclose the risks associated with a particular investment, recommended frequent trades for the sole purpose of generating commissions, or used high-pressure tactics to make a sale. The rules and regulations of securities laws and FINRA policies are complex, and investment loss claims require an extensive understanding of securities arbitration to achieve the best possible results.
Update – 2022.11.15If you have suffered investment losses that may have been caused by Joseph J Bellini’s negligence or fraud, contact a FINRA lawyer today. Most FINRA lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you will not be charged for their services unless they successfully collect money for you. Kindly add a comment, or contact us directly if you have any query, or want to be contacted by a FINRA lawyer today!
Frequently Asked Questions About Joseph J Bellini
What is Joseph Bellini’s Central Registration Depository (CRD) Number?
Which firm is Joseph J Bellini associated with?
Where is Joseph Bellini located?
541 EAST HORATIO AVENUE STE A, MAITLAND, FL, 32751
Where can I find more details about Joseph Bellini’s Investment Firm?
Visit https://brokercheck.finra.org/firm/summary/250 to read a detailed report for EDWARD JONES
Are there any disclosures, allegations or complaints filed against Joseph J Bellini?
Where can I download a detailed FINRA report for Joseph Bellini?
Is it safe to do business with Joseph J Bellini?
We’re not sure. Please research Joseph Bellini’s disclosures, allegations and complaints before taking a decision
Originally reported on November 16, 2022 @ 12:52 am
The views and opinions expressed in these articles are those of the source BrokerAudit.com and do not necessarily reflect the official position of ‘Skeptic Files’, which shall not be held liable for any inaccuracies presented. The information provided within this article is for general informational purposes only. While we try to keep the information up-to-date and correct, there are no representations or warranties, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability of the information in this article for any purpose.
This article is syndicated automatically through a third-party agency from BrokerAudit.com.
To view the original article at BrokerAudit.com, you can visit https://www.brokeraudit.com/joseph-j-bellini-edward-jones/.