RedFlags, Allegations and Complaints against MATT DALE MABERRY
Disclosure #1 for MATT MABERRY
- eventDate: 2/18/2016
- Disclosure Type: Regulatory
- Disclosure Resolution: Final
- Disclosure Detail :: DocketNumberFDA: 2013035045902
- DocketNumberAAO: 2013035045902
- Initiated By: FINRA
- Allegations: Without admitting or denying the findings, Maberry consented to the sanctions and to the entry of findings that he was his member firm’s CEO and CCO who was responsible for the design and implementation of the firm’s supervisory system and he failed to ensure that the firm implemented a supervisory system reasonably designed to supervise the sales activity of its registered representatives. The findings stated that in particular, the firm’s supervisory system was not reasonably designed to ensure that registered representatives made suitable recommendations of complex products such as leveraged, inverse, and inverse-leveraged exchange traded funds (together, on-Traditional ETFs) and leveraged, inverse, or inverse-leveraged mutual funds ( on-Traditional Mutual Funds). In general, the firm’s supervision of registered representative sales activity consisted only of a daily review of a trade blotter reflecting sales made by registered representatives on the previous day. The blotter did not contain details relating to the transacting-customer’s investment objective, risk tolerance, age, or other relevant suitability information. In addition, the firm failed to evidence that it conducted ongoing monitoring of customer accounts to detect problematic trends. The firm failed to use any exception reports or similar tools in connection with its supervision of registered representative sales activity. The firm also failed to reasonably supervise the sale of Non-Traditional ETFs and Non-Traditional Mutual Funds by its registered representatives. As a result of the daily reset that locks in the gains or losses of the previous trading day, and the accompanying compounding effect, in Regulatory Notice 09-31, FINRA cautioned that Non-Traditional ETFs are typically unsuitable for retail investors who plan to hold them longer than one trading session. Notwithstanding this guidance, the firm sold Non-Traditional ETFs (as well as Non-Traditional Mutual Funds, which are subject to similar risks) to its customers, many of whom held these products for far longer than one trading session. Although the firm sold Non-Traditional ETFs and Mutual Funds, it failed to conduct adequate due diligence on Non-Traditional ETFs and Non-Traditional Mutual Funds and failed to adequately train its registered representatives on the unique risks associated with these products. The firm also failed to adopt and implement adequate WSPs relating to these complex products, and further failed to implement any system to monitor Non-Traditional ETF and Mutual Fund holding periods, benchmark volatility, and losses. The findings also stated that as a producing broker, Maberry made unsuitable recommendations and sold to his customers of certain complex products. Maberry lacked a reasonable basis to recommend the products to his customers because he did not fully understand the risks associated with these securities. Maberry also recommended and executed unsuitable purchases of Class A shares of Non-Traditional Mutual Funds for customers’ accounts. Maberry’s recommendations of the Class A shares of Non-Traditional Mutual Funds were unsuitable, and resulted in losses of $38,445 for the customers who purchased the Class A shares.
- Resolution: Acceptance, Waiver & Consent(AWC)
- SanctionDetails :: Sanctions: Civil and Administrative Penalty(ies)/Fine(s)
- SanctionDetails :: Amount: $10,000.00 Sanctions: Restitution
- SanctionDetails :: Amount: $38,445.00 Sanctions: Suspension
- SanctionDetails :: Registration Capacities Affected: any capacity, including in any principal capacity
- Duration: five months
- Start Date: 3/21/2016
- End Date: 8/20/2016
- Sanctions: plus interest on the restitution
- Regulator Statement: Fine paid in full on March 9, 2016.
Should I file a FINRA complaint against brokers like MATT DALE MABERRY?
Many investors (presumably, like yourself) are unaware of the legal recourse available to them after losing money due to securities broker fraud and/or negligence. The truth is that investors who lost money in this fashion may actually be entitled to damages. You may suffer significant losses at the hands of your financial advisors’ misconduct, such as if they misrepresented or failed to disclose the risks associated with a particular investment, recommended frequent trades for the sole purpose of generating commissions, or used high-pressure tactics to make a sale. The rules and regulations of securities laws and FINRA policies are complex, and investment loss claims require an extensive understanding of securities arbitration to achieve the best possible results.
Update – 2022.11.15If you have suffered investment losses that may have been caused by MATT DALE MABERRY’s negligence or fraud, contact a FINRA lawyer today. Most FINRA lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you will not be charged for their services unless they successfully collect money for you. Kindly add a comment, or contact us directly if you have any query, or want to be contacted by a FINRA lawyer today!
Frequently Asked Questions About MATT DALE MABERRY
What is MATT MABERRY’s Central Registration Depository (CRD) Number?
Which firm is MATT DALE MABERRY associated with?
B.B. GRAHAM & COMPANY, INC.
Where is MATT MABERRY located?
111 E. Fourth St. Suite 100, Alton, IL, 62002
Where can I find more details about MATT MABERRY’s Investment Firm?
Visit https://brokercheck.finra.org/firm/summary/41533 to read a detailed report for B.B. GRAHAM & COMPANY, INC.
Are there any disclosures, allegations or complaints filed against MATT DALE MABERRY?
Where can I download a detailed FINRA report for MATT MABERRY?
Is it safe to do business with MATT DALE MABERRY?
We’re not sure. Please research MATT MABERRY’s disclosures, allegations and complaints before taking a decision
Originally reported on November 15, 2022 @ 11:43 pm
The views and opinions expressed in these articles are those of the source BrokerAudit.com and do not necessarily reflect the official position of ‘Skeptic Files’, which shall not be held liable for any inaccuracies presented. The information provided within this article is for general informational purposes only. While we try to keep the information up-to-date and correct, there are no representations or warranties, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability of the information in this article for any purpose.
This article is syndicated automatically through a third-party agency from BrokerAudit.com.
To view the original article at BrokerAudit.com, you can visit https://www.brokeraudit.com/matt-dale-maberry-b-b-graham-company-inc/.